Seventh Avenue “Grand Giveaway” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRY OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE U.S. LAWS.
1) SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: Seventh Avenue Grand Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts December 23, 2013 at 12:00:01 AM Central Standard Time (CST) and ends January 31, 2014 at 11:59:59 PM CST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes will include one daily prize of a $100.00 Seventh Avenue shopping spree to be awarded as a Seventh Avenue Gift Certificate to one (1) randomly selected winner with subsequent $100.00 Seventh Avenue Gift Certificate drawings each day for 39 consecutive days during the Sweepstakes term and one (1) Grand Prize of a $1,000 Seventh Avenue shopping spree to be awarded as a Seventh Avenue Gift Certificate for the 40th day of the Sweepstakes term. There are two methods of entry: (a) on-line entry and (b) mail-in entry. See “HOW TO ENTER” below for additional details. Limit one (1) on-line entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. (Each on-line entry will be counted as (1) entry.) Limit one (1) mail-in entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. (Each mail-in entry will be counted as one (1) entry). The database administrator’s computer is the official timekeeper for on-line entries received for this Sweepstakes. The postmark stamp will determine the entry time for mail-in entries.
2) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered and open only to persons legally residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age on the date of entry in this Sweepstakes. Officers, directors and employees of Seventh Avenue, (“Sponsor”), Pinnacle Promotion Group, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, promotional and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and U.S. military bases outside the 50 U.S. States/DC, and wherever else or otherwise prohibited by law.
3) HOW TO ENTER: No purchase, entry fee, payment, or proof-of-purchase necessary to participate. There are two ways to enter the sweepstakes: (a) on-line entry and (b) mail-in entry. The choice of entry method will not affect an entrant’s chances of winning.
(a) On-line entry: To enter the sweepstakes on-line, visit: www.seventhavenuesweeps.com. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, date of birth, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address and will also need to answer the following qualifying question regarding “If you win a Grand Giveaway Sweepstakes shopping spree, what will you buy?” from a list of available choices. Entrant’s answer to this question will not affect nor have any bearing on winning the sweepstakes and will be used purely for informational purposes by Sponsor.
PLEASE NOTE: By entering the Sweepstakes via the on-line entry method, the Entrant consents to receive, and grants the Sponsor permission to send him/her, future email communications regarding services, incentives, offers, promotions, or other messaging related to the Sponsor’s services. In each future email communication, entrant will have the opportunity to opt-out to avoid receiving further email communications. To enter the Sweepstakes without providing consent to future email communications from Sponsor, please use the mail-in entry method.
(b) Mail-In Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes by mail, please print the following information on a 3”x5” card: the words, Seventh Avenue “Grand Giveaway” Sweepstakes, your first and last name, date of birth, address (no P.O. boxes accepted), city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address (if you have one), and your answer to the question “If you win a Grand Giveaway Sweepstakes shopping spree, what will you buy?.” Acceptable answers to the above question include: Furniture, Home Accents, Electronics, Apparel or Other. Entrant’s answer to the question will not affect nor have any bearing on winning the sweepstakes and will be used purely for informational purposes by Sponsor. Then mail the completed 3”x5” card in a stamped #10 business envelope to:
“Grand Giveaway” Sweepstakes
P.O. Box 2
Winnetka, IL 60093
PLEASE NOTE: By entering the Sweepstakes via the mail-in entry method, the Entrant will not receive email communications from Sponsor with the exception of email communications directly relating to the administration of this Sweepstakes (e.g., winner’s notice) unless the entrant has consented through other means to receiving such communications or has an established business relationship with Sponsor, which permits such communications.
To enter, you must provide the required information to be eligible. Non-winning entries will roll over and be eligible for all subsequent daily drawings. Limit one (1) on-line entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. (Each on-line entry will be counted as one (1) entry). Limit one (1) mail-in entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes period. (Each mail-in entry will be counted as one (1) entry). Any individual who attempts to enter, or submits entries in excess of the disclosed maximum, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email accounts or using multiple addresses, will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. More than one person may not enter a prize drawing on the same computer at any time during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit of one Sweepstakes prize per person. In the event of a dispute over the identity of any potential winner, an on-line entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address/phone number submitted at the time of entry. A potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address/phone number or that he/she resides at the listed address. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address/phone number by a wireless service provider, phone service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses and phone numbers. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email, phone number or postal address during the Sweepstakes Period. Proof of emailing does not constitute proof of delivery or entry into the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic or by any other automatic or mechanical means are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor.
4) PRIZE DRAWINGS AND NOTIFICATIONS: Sweepstakes Drawing: A random drawing each day for 39 consecutive days to select one (1) daily Winner of a $100 Seventh Avenue Shopping Spree awarded as a Seventh Avenue Gift Certificate and (1) Winner of a $1,000 Seventh Avenue Shopping Spree awarded as a Seventh Avenue Gift Certificate on the 40th and final day of the Sweepstakes.
Drawings will be conducted from among all eligible entries received (on-line entries) or postmarked (mail-in entries) during the Sweepstakes Period. For the 39 consecutive daily drawings: First drawing for the $100 Seventh Avenue Gift Certificate to begin on December 30, 2013 continuing with a drawing each successive day for 39 days concluding on February 7, 2014. For the grand prize on the 40th day: Drawing for the $1,000 Seventh Avenue Gift Certificate to be held on or about February 14, 2014.
The drawings will be conducted by Pinnacle Promotion Group, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize in the Sweepstakes Drawing depends upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winners are subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Pinnacle Promotion Group, Inc. will attempt to notify each potential Prize Winner via email and/or phone within two (2) days of the prize drawing using the email address or phone number provided at time of entry. Each potential Prize Winner will be required to provide e-mail address and/or mailing address information (e.g. full name, street address, city, state, and ZIP) along with age verification within seven (7) days of notification in order to receive prize delivery. Failure to complete and return the documents in the time noted or if prize notification is undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner(s) will be selected and notified.
One (1) $1,000 Seventh Avenue Shopping Spree will be awarded at conclusion of sweepstakes on or about February 14, 2014 from among all eligible entries received. This winner will receive a $1,000 Seventh Avenue Gift Certificate to redeem for merchandise of their choice up to $1,000.00 from Seventh Avenue including any applicable taxes and shipping at time of redemption.
One (1) $100 Seventh Avenue Shopping Spree will be awarded each day for 39 consecutive days from among all eligible entries received with the first drawing on or about December 30, 2013 and the 39th and final drawing on or about February 7, 2014. One (1) winner per day will receive a $100 Seventh Avenue Gift Certificate to redeem for merchandise of their choice up to $100.00 from Seventh Avenue including any applicable taxes and shipping at time of redemption.
Winners will be responsible for paying any amount over the stated value of their gift certificates at time of redemption. Gift Certificates have a 5-year expiration date beginning on the date the gift certificate is mailed by Sponsor and must be redeemed in full by the expiration date.
Terms and conditions of the Shopping Sprees awarded as Gift Certificates will apply. Total ARV of all prizes is $4,900.00. Prizes are nontransferable. No prize substitutions allowed. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater approximate value and comparable use if advertised prize become unavailable. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Products received by redeeming gift certificate will be subject to any and all guarantees and warranties and are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions. The Winners agree to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty or guarantee claim. By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. If winner is found to have falsified any data or material, winner forfeits its prize and is disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected according to the original winner selection method. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
All Federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from receiving a prize, or the use or misuse of a prize awarded in this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of each respective Prize Winner. For any prize valued at $600 or more, the winner will receive a 1099 Tax Form and is required by law to declare on their tax return as income for the year in which they receive the prize. Potential Prize Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Release, and where lawful, Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”) along with a W-9 Miscellaneous Tax Form, prior to being awarded the prize, which must be returned within seven (7) days of receipt of the Affidavit by the Winner. If the pending winner is a minor under the law of his/her jurisdiction of residence (residents of Alabama and Nebraska must be 19 years of age or older and residents of Mississippi must be at least 21) at the time of entry, his or her respective parent or legal guardian may be required to execute a Liability Release and Publicity Consent document in order to accept the prize on behalf of the Winner. If parent or legal guardian is unavailable to execute this document, the Winner will not receive the prize. Prize award is subject to verification of Potential Winner’s identity and eligibility to Sponsor’s satisfaction. If prize notification is refused, not responded to within seven (7) days after notification, or the potential Prize Winner is ineligible, such potential prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be randomly selected. Upon disqualification, no compensation will be given.
6) CONDUCT: This Sweepstakes is subject to all Federal, state and local laws/regulations. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges that shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules are accessible from www.seventhavenuesweeps/rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
7) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Promotion Entities, assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any lost, late (i.e., more than seven (7) days to receive mail-in entries), incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible, postage due, damaged, returned misrouted, garbled, distorted, incorrect or inaccurate entries or entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof, or; (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s electronic device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials in the Sweepstakes. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part.
8) ENTRANT RELEASES: All Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Promotion Entities, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, distributors, suppliers, printers, application developers, distributors and advertising, promotional or judging agencies, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Sweepstakes page; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any Prize. The Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any prize. Except for residents of Tennessee and where prohibited by law, winners grant to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known and without limitation the winner’s name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, and terms and conditions stated in the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
9) DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States and the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Wisconsin, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin.
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the participant and any Released Party, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize awarded, or the determination of the winner must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will a participant be permitted or entitled to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10) WINNERS’ LIST: The Winners’ List will be updated online at the midpoint and end of the Sweepstakes and can be accessed by visiting: www.seventhavenuesweeps.com/winners
11) SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Seventh Avenue, Inc. 1112 7th Avenue, Monroe, WI 53566. Administrator: Pinnacle Promotion Group, Inc. 305 Lee Road, Northbrook, IL 60062